Geothermal Cooling in Greenville, SC
How Does Geothermal Cooling Work?
A geothermal system uses a heat pump to transfer energy from beneath the earth’s surface up into a home to make it comfortable when the winter winds blow, but is it possible to use the same system to make a home cooler in the summer. Absolutely! With Geothermal Cooling.
Your geothermal system cools your home in a similar way to how your refrigerator cools your food, by drawing out the heat and expelling it. The system runs a refrigerant (sometimes water) over a condenser within the installation. This cools the air in the condenser, and that cool air is circulated through your home.
The refrigerant is then cycled back in the system via a compressor. This pressurizes the refrigerant, heating it to well over 120°F. Once this happens, the system runs the refrigerant back into the ground, which at a consistent 55°F (on average) cools the fluid back down. It returns to the surface and interacts with warm air inside the home, thus completing the loop.
Looking to cool your South Carolina home with a geothermal system? Contact Energy Masters Air Conditioning & Heating online or call (864) 501-0096 today.
What Are the Advantages of Geothermal Cooling?
Geothermal energy is one of the best methods for regulating home temperatures. It also has many industrial and commercial applications. In addition to being highly sustainable and renewable, it is significantly more energy-efficient. Take a look at just a few of the perks of geothermal cooling:
- Quiet—Tired of hearing your AC kick on every five minutes? You’ll never have that problem with a geothermal system. Most systems are about as loud as a refrigerator.
- Reliable—With fewer moving parts and most of the system tucked away safely underground, geothermal systems are far less likely than a traditional HVAC system to need regular maintenance.
- Clean—A geothermal system doesn’t burn anything, so emissions are a thing of the past. This makes them good for the environment and for your local asthmatics.
- Efficient—A geothermal system can be 300% to 600% more efficient than a conventional HVAC unit. They can save you quite a bundle on utility bills.
- Enduring—Because they are protected from the elements, geothermal HVAC systems are known to last a long time, averaging out at 20 to 25 years. This is significantly longer than a typical AC system.
- Economical—Everyone likes to save money on their energy bills, and a geothermal system is a great way to do just that. You can save 20% to 50% percent on your cooling costs by opting for a geothermal system. In some areas, it is also possible to receive a tax credit by investing in geothermal (for that is what it is, an investment). Though geothermal installation may be initially expensive, the cost evens out nicely over time.
What to Expect When Installing a Geothermal Unit in Greenville, SC
We know that your home is one of your most valuable assets. Accordingly, you want to take care of it, make sure it is at peak condition. Plus, you want to be comfortable while you’re there! We understand, so our team of certified technicians are always ready with a smile and years of experience so you can feel confident in the service we provide.
When you leave your geothermal system in our hands, we make sure you get the most timely and highest quality workmanship at our disposal. We will work with you every step of the way so you never have to wonder what we’re doing to your yard. When you work with Energy Masters Air Conditioning & Heating, you’re sure to get the results you’re looking for.
LOCALLY & FAMILY RUNWe are a locally owned and operated business. While we offer amiable, dependable HVAC services, we keep in mind that our customers are also our friends and neighbors.
Certified TechniciansOur HVAC specialists have received in-depth training and are NATE certified. When you engage us, you can anticipate superior, dependable service because the majority of our specialists have gone through our extensive training program.
Quality CraftsmanshipIn addition to offering first-rate customer service, we consistently produce high-quality work. Our crew is knowledgeable, meticulous, and committed to making sure that our customers are at ease.